W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-media@w3.org > March 2015

{minutes} HTML WG media telecon 2015-03-03 - EME status and bug/issue discussion, heartbeat publications, F2F meeting

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 18:49:53 +0000
To: "public-html-media@w3.org" <public-html-media@w3.org>
Message-ID: <CY1PR0301MB1196E13DF1DDA6641DC4EA49EA110@CY1PR0301MB1196.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
See http://www.w3.org/2015/03/03-html-media-minutes.html and below.

Please note the new ACTION items:

[NEW] ACTION: jdsmith to comment on Issue 33 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/03/03-html-media-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: jdsmith to review and comment on Issues 16 and 18 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/03/03-html-media-minutes.html#action04]
[NEW] ACTION: Joe Steele to ask Chris Pearce to review Issue 31 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/03/03-html-media-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: joesteele to ask Chris Pearce to review Issue 31 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/03/03-html-media-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: markw to review pushback from Apple on ISSUE 9 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/03/03-html-media-minutes.html#action05

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329


[W3C]<http://www.w3.org/>

- DRAFT -
HTML Media Task Force Teleconference
03 Mar 2015

Agenda<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2015Mar/0000.html>

See also: IRC log<http://www.w3.org/2015/03/03-html-media-irc>

Attendees
Present
Regrets
Chair
We will leave these two with the Editors. They are marked "help wanted".
Scribe
paulc, paulc_
Contents

  *   Topics<http://www.w3.org/2015/03/03-html-media-minutes.html#agenda>
     *   Issue #33 - Expose unclosed and unremoved MediaKeySessions on MediaKeys<http://www.w3.org/2015/03/03-html-media-minutes.html#item01>
     *   Issue #34 - Replace base64url values in examples with realistic values that use base64url-specific characters<http://www.w3.org/2015/03/03-html-media-minutes.html#item02>
     *   Issue #35 - createSupportedKeySystem() should return a Promise<http://www.w3.org/2015/03/03-html-media-minutes.html#item03>
     *   Issue #37 - createSupportedKeySystem() should return a Promise<http://www.w3.org/2015/03/03-html-media-minutes.html#item04>
     *   Issue #36 - Explicitly state that MediaKeySystemMediaCapability's contentType attribute MUST be a valid MIME type<http://www.w3.org/2015/03/03-html-media-minutes.html#item05>
     *   Issue #31 - generateRequest() should allow the first message to not be a license request based on initData<http://www.w3.org/2015/03/03-html-media-minutes.html#item06>
     *   Issue #19 - Ensure promises returned by methods are fulfilled before event handlers are executed<http://www.w3.org/2015/03/03-html-media-minutes.html#item07>
     *   Issue #29 - Allow applications to detect media key session type<http://www.w3.org/2015/03/03-html-media-minutes.html#item08>
     *   Bug 26776 - Diagnosing and resolving CDM errors needs a numeric systemCode (deleted with MediaKeyError)<http://www.w3.org/2015/03/03-html-media-minutes.html#item09>
     *   Issue #25 - Problem about MediaKeySession.keyStatuses get/has methods<http://www.w3.org/2015/03/03-html-media-minutes.html#item10>
     *   Issue #22- Provide more guidance on the behavior of the keyStatuses attribute<http://www.w3.org/2015/03/03-html-media-minutes.html#item11>
     *   Issue #16 - Review close() and remove() logic and behavior for persistent-* sessions<http://www.w3.org/2015/03/03-html-media-minutes.html#item12>
     *   EME and MSE heartbeat publications<http://www.w3.org/2015/03/03-html-media-minutes.html#item13>
     *   F2F meeting<http://www.w3.org/2015/03/03-html-media-minutes.html#item14>
     *   Next EME meeting<http://www.w3.org/2015/03/03-html-media-minutes.html#item15>
     *   Issue 9<http://www.w3.org/2015/03/03-html-media-minutes.html#item16>
     *   Adjournment<http://www.w3.org/2015/03/03-html-media-minutes.html#item17>
  *   Summary of Action Items<http://www.w3.org/2015/03/03-html-media-minutes.html#ActionSummary>

________________________________

<trackbot> Date: 03 March 2015

<paulc> Joe Steele has sent his regrets
Issue #33 - Expose unclosed and unremoved MediaKeySessions on MediaKeys

<paulc> https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/33

<paulc> Scribenick: paulc

David: I have been trying to explain what EME does here and it appears to be something we don't need to specify.

Jerry: Can this be handled with custom properties?

David: We discussed this before we had closed.
... It is something that is easy to specify but it seems unnecessary.

Jerry: The Application can keep track of its own sessions.

David: There are other facilities we don't provide.

Jerry: I agree with concept to keep it simple.

<scribe> ACTION: jdsmith to comment on Issue 33 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/03/03-html-media-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-74 - Comment on issue 33 [on Jerry Smith - due 2015-03-10].
Issue #34 - Replace base64url values in examples with realistic values that use base64url-specific characters

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/34

David: This is a bug in an example and needs to be fixed.
... Related to Issue 10 which also asked for better examples.

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/10
Issue #35 - createSupportedKeySystem() should return a Promise

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/35

David: This is a pull request for an example and is closed. See Issue 37.
Issue #37 - createSupportedKeySystem() should return a Promise

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/37

David: This is the issue that fixes the problem originally identified in 35.
Issue #36 - Explicitly state that MediaKeySystemMediaCapability's contentType attribute MUST be a valid MIME type

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/36

David: Found this when reviewing the text. We will have to copy what HTML5 does - see issue text.
... In the editors queue.
Issue #31 - generateRequest() should allow the first message to not be a license request based on initData

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/31

<scribe> ACTION: joesteele to ask Chris Pearce to review Issue 31 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/03/03-html-media-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Error finding 'joesteele'. You can review and register nicknames at < http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/users>.

<scribe> ACTION: Joe Steele to ask Chris Pearce to review Issue 31 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/03/03-html-media-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-75 - Steele to ask chris pearce to review issue 31 [on Joe Steele - due 2015-03-10].
Issue #19 - Ensure promises returned by methods are fulfilled before event handlers are executed

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/19

David: Part of this one was moved to Issue 31 and now David needs to continue working on the remaining part of this issue
Issue #29 - Allow applications to detect media key session type

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/29

David: This was discussed two weeks ago and is in the queue to be implemented.
Bug 26776 - Diagnosing and resolving CDM errors needs a numeric systemCode (deleted with MediaKeyError)

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=26776

ACTION-73?

<trackbot> ACTION-73 -- Jerry Smith to Make proposal for resolving bug 26776 -- due 2015-02-17 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/73

David: My recent comments were recording previous discussion

Jerry: Working on this today.

ACTION-73 due next week

<trackbot> Set ACTION-73 Make proposal for resolving bug 26776 due date to 2015-03-09.

Jerry: What errors are we working on?

David: We should handle anything that is rejected by the Promise.
... We return the System Code and put it in the message.

Jerry: okay
... MSFT has errors that can occur asynchronously and want to check how these are covered by DOM errors

David: Anything that can happen should be reported
Issue #25 - Problem about MediaKeySession.keyStatuses get/has methods

<ddorwin> Web IDL's maplike does not behave how we need it to.

<ddorwin> I sent https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-script-coord/2015JanMar/0148.html.

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/25

David: I did the action and there are replies to review.
... My preferred approach is to do the definition manually instead of using "maplike".

<ddorwin> ^... assuming no changes in Web IDL.

paulc: I encourage the Editors to NOT wait on changes in WebIDL.
Issue #22- Provide more guidance on the behavior of the keyStatuses attribute

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/22

<markw> On #25, can we write the manual prose we require in a generic way and contribute it back to WebIDL ? I think the WebIDL people should be encouraged to provide the tools other spec writers need.

markw: We need to continue the discussion since David and I don't yet agree.
Issue #16 - Review close() and remove() logic and behavior for persistent-* sessions

<paulc_> scribenick: paulc_

<scribe> ACTION: jdsmith to review and comment on Issues 16 and 18 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/03/03-html-media-minutes.html#action04]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-76 - Review and comment on issues 16 and 18 [on Jerry Smith - due 2015-03-10].
EME and MSE heartbeat publications

David: I was waiting for Adrian to make progress on MSE document. EME is ready at any time.

paulc: I will follow up with Adrian and the Team contacts.
F2F meeting

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2015Mar/0001.html

paulc: When the Chairs reviewed the location preference poll we noted that it might make the most sense to have TF meetings in the selected meeting slot.
... What is the opinion of the TF members on the call about a TF F2F?

Jerry: I think it would be a good idea. It has been 6 months since the last F2F.

David: Some bugs like the close() re persistent license could do with a white board session.

Paul: This is a classic "if you build they will come"

<BobLund> +1

markw; I suggest we make a list of target issues/bugs to be resolved at the meeting. Might be a way of forcing the discussion.

David: It would be good to discuss proposals instead of introducing new bugs

paulc; I am not hearing objections to a F2F.

paulc: I will try to make the Media TF F2F happen.
Next EME meeting

paulc: I propose we meet in two weeks on March 17 to EME topics
... no objections.
Issue 9

<ddorwin> I'd like to call your attention to the discussion in https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/9

<ddorwin> It would be good to have other comments

<ddorwin> Specifically, https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/9#issuecomment-75681264

<scribe> ACTION: markw to review pushback from Apple on ISSUE 9 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/03/03-html-media-minutes.html#action05]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-77 - Review pushback from apple on issue 9 [on Mark Watson - due 2015-03-10].
Adjournment

We adjourned at :46 after the hour

Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: jdsmith to comment on Issue 33 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/03/03-html-media-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: jdsmith to review and comment on Issues 16 and 18 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/03/03-html-media-minutes.html#action04]
[NEW] ACTION: Joe Steele to ask Chris Pearce to review Issue 31 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/03/03-html-media-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: joesteele to ask Chris Pearce to review Issue 31 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/03/03-html-media-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: markw to review pushback from Apple on ISSUE 9 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/03/03-html-media-minutes.html#action05]

[End of minutes]
________________________________
Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> version 1.140 (CVS log<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/>)
$Date: 2015-03-03 16:46:46 $
________________________________



Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2015Mar/0000.html

Found Date: 03 Mar 2015

Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2015/03/03-html-media-minutes.html

People with action items: jdsmith joe joesteele markw steele


[End of scribe.perl<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> diagnostic output]




image001.png
(image/png attachment: image001.png)

Received on Tuesday, 3 March 2015 19:06:06 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 3 March 2015 19:06:07 UTC