*Von:* Aaron Colwell [mailto:acolwell@google.com]
*Gesendet:* Freitag, 20. Februar 2015 17:27
*An:* Stefan Lederer; Romain Bouqueau
*Cc:* Gilles Boccon-Gibod; public-html-media@w3.org
*Betreff:* Re: HTML5 MSE support for HEVC on Android

Hi,

I'm pretty sure that Chrome doesn't support HEVC codec IDs with MSE on
Desktop or Android at this time. Please file a bug at
http://bugs.chromium.org so the proper Chromium folks can look into this.

Thanks,

Aaron

On Fri Feb 20 2015 at 4:33:01 AM Stefan Lederer <stefan.lederer@bitmovin.net>
wrote:

Hi,

no, in Chrome Desktop there is – AFAIK - no HEVC support. Thus not even the
progressive MP4 HEVC file [1] plays, which plays on the Android version – I
think it uses the HEVC support of the chipset. So my assumption would be
that if progressive HEVC MP4s are supported, it should be also supported by
the HTML5 MSE, maybe it’s just a minor issue like a wrong codec attribute,
maybe it’s something completely different …

[1] http://www.bitmovin.net/hevc/720p.mp4

[2]
http://www.dash-player.com/demo/streaming-server-and-encoder-support/?mpd=http://bitcdn-vix1.bitmovin.net/content/hevc/dashevc-live-2s.mpd

Thanks and best,