From: Aaron Colwell [mailto:acolwell@google.com]
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2015 10:10 AM
To: Jerry Smith (WINDOWS); public-html-media@w3.org
Subject: Re: IE Blog Posting on HLS and DASH Type 1 support

Hi Jerry,
Congrats. I've got a few questions though:
1. Do all the URLs inside the manifests go through CORS verification?
2. What is mixed-content & tainting behavior if the manifests and/or content URLs don't have the same origin or are a mix of http & https content?

It would be good to get these behaviors specified in the HTML spec since the current text seems to implicitly assume that the URL passed to .src is the only URL that needs to be considered for media playback. The media URLs in DASH & HLS manifests kind of violate that assumption. It would be nice to get concensus on the appropriate behavior so everyone implements the same thing and it is consistent with current web platform security best practices.

Aaron