Re: Secure release and persistence

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 12:07 PM, Jerry Smith (WINDOWS) <
jdsmith@microsoft.com> wrote:

>  This makes sense to me, Mark.  You are looking for markers to bound the
> usage of keys so that keys used for extended playback can be distinguished
> from keys used to start, but not watch content.  Persisting first and
> latest decrypt times accomplishes this.

I'm not sure what you're referring to with these two types of keys, but I
don't think Mark has mentioned anything about different types of keys. As
far as I know, the Netflix use case is for a single key used for the entire
duration of the content. Clearly, there is still a lot of confusion (on one
or both of our parts) about what exactly this feature is and what it is
used for.