W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-media@w3.org > October 2014

[EME] Outstanding bugs as of Oct 29

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 02:02:33 +0000
To: "public-html-media@w3.org" <public-html-media@w3.org>
CC: "David Dorwin <ddorwin@google.com> (ddorwin@google.com)" <ddorwin@google.com>, "Jerry Smith (WINDOWS)" <jdsmith@microsoft.com>, "Adrian Bateman" <adrianba@microsoft.com>, Bob Lund <B.Lund@CableLabs.com>, Joe Steele <steele@adobe.com>, Mark Watson <watsonm@netflix.com>
Message-ID: <48d23d7b15a344dbad9f75c918c203d8@BL2PR03MB418.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
This is an update of my message from Oct 19 [1] with some current status information.  I have added bugs created after my original email at the end of the list of bugs.



/paulc



[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2014Oct/0052.html



Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada

17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3

Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329



Several bugs filed after Oct 14 are listed later in this list.



1. Bug 25923 - The mechanism for checking key system support should be asynchronous

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=25923#c42

Status: David is working is on the open issues and will request feedback when he makes more progress.

Oct 29 Status: No action.



2. Bug 25966 - Use ArrayBufferView and ArrayBuffer instead of Uint8Array in APIs

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=25966

Status: This bug is editorial and David is awaiting IDL feedback due to a possible bug in IDL spec.

Oct 29 status: RESOLVED FIXED.  See https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=25966#c5



3. Bug 26332 Applications should only use EME APIs on secure origins (e.g. HTTPS)

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=26332

Status: Belongs in batch of security related bugs which also includes: Bug 26838 - Normatively address vulnerabilities related to initData contained in media data

Oct 29 status: Over 35 comments and a proposed change with a revert request since Oct 19.



4. Bug 26776 Diagnosing and resolving CDM errors needs a numeric systemCode (deleted with MediaKeyError)

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=26776

Status: Jerry will submit a proposal in time for F2F meeting.

Oct 29 status: No action.



5. Bug 26887 Allowing license servers and CDMs to control data persistence and secure release

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=26887

Status: Jerry to update proposal based on previous TF discussions.

Oct 29 status: No action.



6. Bug 26738 Add entry for MPEG-2 TS CENC to the Stream Format Registry

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=26738

Status: Bob Lund is on point but this bug is blocked by Bug 26811.

Oct 29 status: No action.



7. Bug 26372 Report issues/events not related to a specific method call

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=26372

Status: David to implement the maplike solution after the Oct 14 meeting.

Oct 29 status: No action.



8. Bug 26811 Separate definitions of Initialization Data Types from Stream Format parsing

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=26811

Status: David is on point for this lower priority bug.   This bug is blocking but 26738.

Oct 29 status: No action.



9. Bug 26573 Prepare for Last Call

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=26573

Status: on David's lower priority list.

Oct 29 status: Additional check list items added but no progress due at this time.



10. Bug 24771 Provide guidance on object and CDM lifetime (including when events are guaranteed to be fired)

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24771

Status: David to implement the proposal now that Respec changes have been made.

Oct 29 status: No action.



11. Bug 26838 Normatively address vulnerabilities related to initData contained in media data

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=26838

Status: Open for discussion at F2F meeting.

Oct 29 status: No discussion since Oct 19.



12. Bug 25092 Need a way to inform script that resolution restrictions are applied

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=25092#c23

Status: Mark and/or Paul to follow up with www-style@w3.org<mailto:www-style@w3.org>

Oct 29 status: No action.



13. Bug 25268 Reduce the burden on applications to deduplicate initData from many needkey events

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=25268

Status: We will close this at the F2F if no solution is provided.

Oct 29 status: No proposals have arrived.



14. Bug 25217 Add ability to specify license domain for key requests

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=25217

Status: Joe took an action to mark this bug as RESOLVED LATER.  This was DONE.



15. Bug 20944 EME should do more to encourage/ensure CDM-level interop

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=20944

Status: Paul was asked to encourage the TAG to file bugs on their discussion.  This was DONE.  See 27053, 27054 and 27055 below.

Oct 29 status:  Lots of discussion on TAG bugs but no progress on 20944.



16. Bug 25434 Remove unsupported informative text in Abstract regarding OOB communication.

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=25434

Status:  This bug was re-opened after the Editors closed it.  We will discuss at the F2F meeting.

Oct 29 status; RESOLVED WORKSFORME with editorial changes:

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=25434#c16



17. Bug 24082 Several issues discussed in the TF point to the need for defined extensibility points in EME

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24082

Status: Jerry is to discuss this item with Adrian.

Oct 29 status: No change or proposal.



18. Bug 23827 Need to add features at risk prior to entry into Candidate Recommendation

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=23827

Status:  This is only due when we exit Last Call and enter CR.



19. Bug 24874 Positive isTypeSupported() may be misleading (MSE vs. .src=)

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24874

Status: David to update bug now based on how MediaKey get created -- bug 25923.

Oct 29 status: No change or progress.



==== The following bugs were filed after the Oct 14 discussion ====



20. Bug 27053 - Platform Segmentation

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27053

Status: Paul asked for clarification on this bug filed by the TAG but so far none has been supplied.  We will review the state of this bug at the F2F meeting.

Oct 29 status: Clarifications from TAG members are available in:

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27053#c2

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27053#c7



21. Bug 27054   Accessibility Concerns

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27054

Status: Paul asked for clarification on this bug filed by the TAG and then asked the A11Y TF to supply their view which was done in:

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27054#c3

We will review the state of this bug at the F2F meeting.

29 Oct status:  Some discussion after the A11Y TF responded with their opinion in:

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27054#c3



22. Bug 27055   Surfacing license to the user

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27055

Status: Paul asked for clarification on this bug filed by the TAG and this has generated new active discussion.

We will review the state of this bug at the F2F meeting.

29 Oct status: Some discussion since Oct 19.



23. Bug 27093   Support for proprietary/system-specific formats in initData should be discouraged/deprecated

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27093

Status:  See proposal outlined in https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27093#c1

29 Oct status: Bug was reopened with some discussion.



==== The following bugs were filed after my Oct 19 email ====



24. Bug 27111 - Separate "persistent" session type into persistent license and presistent key release

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27111



25. Bug 27124 - Add "individualizationrequest" to the MediaKeyMessageType enum

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27124



26. Bug 27138 - Consider changing how the MediaKeySession method algorithms run other algorithms to more accurately reflect implementations

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27138



27. Bug 27165 - User agents should warn users if they bring along unclearable identifiers

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27165



28. Bug 27166 - All identifiers associated with a user should be clearable in the same way cookies are

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27166



29. Bug 27168 - Individualization text regarding device identifiers is overbroad and should be more specific

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27168



/* end of updated list of bugs */
Received on Thursday, 30 October 2014 02:03:08 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:33:04 UTC