Re: [streams-api] Seeking status of the Streams API spec

Yes SourceBuffer is shipping and has been for quite some time in Chrome and
IE. Firefox and Safari have been working on implementations for quite some
time as well.  I am NOT going to rework it all to be a WritableStream. I am
just looking to adjust appendStream() to take whatever object replaced the
old Stream object that was in the original. It sounds like this is
ReadableStream so I'll take a look at the latest spec text and update MSE
accordingly.

I believe IE is the only browser to have shipped an implementation of
appendStream(). Chrome had an implementation, but it never made it out from
behind a flag because the Streams spec got rebooted before it had a chance
to ship. At least on the Chrome, side I know that we were waiting until the
Stream spec changes actually settled down and became stable again before
trying for another implementation. It sounds like we are at that point now.

Aaron