W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-media@w3.org > November 2014

Re: Media TF teleconference is cancelled on Tue Nov 4

From: Joe Steele <steele@adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 16:10:48 +0000
To: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
CC: "public-html-media@w3.org" <public-html-media@w3.org>
Message-ID: <9608361E-6DE7-412C-82F4-A156A3E856B4@adobe.com>
Thanks Paul ó for some reason the date was not obvious in my mobile reader. :-(

On Nov 4, 2014, at 8:02 AM, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com> wrote:

> There is no Media TF teleconference on Tue Nov 4.  We will re-commence meeting next week on Tue Nov 11.
>  
> /paulc
>  
> Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
> 17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
> Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329
>  
> From: Joe Steele [mailto:steele@adobe.com] 
> Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2014 11:00 AM
> To: Paul Cotton; public-html-media@w3.org
> Subject: RE: {agenda} HTML WG media telecon 2014-08-12 - EME status and bug discussion
>  
> I am running about 5-10 min late.
> Happy to scribe when I get there.
>  
> Joe
>  
>  
> Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
> 
> 
> -------- Original message --------
> From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com> 
> Date:08/11/2014 5:43 AM (GMT-08:00) 
> To: public-html-media@w3.org 
> Cc: 
> Subject: {agenda} HTML WG media telecon 2014-08-12 - EME status and bug discussion
> 
> The HTML WG media teleconference meeting will occur on 2014-08-12 for up to 60 minutes from 15:00Z to 16:00Z.
>  
> http://timeanddate.com/s/2qfn
>  
> Tokyo midnight, Amsterdam/Oslo 17:00, London/Dublin 16:00, New Jersey/York 11:00, Kansas City 10:00, Seattle/San Francisco 08:00.
>  
> Chair of the meeting: Paul Cotton
> Scribe: TBD
>  
> (See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)
>  
> == Agenda ==
>  
> 1. Roll call, introductions and selection of scribe
>  
> 2. Previous meeting minutes
> Jul 29:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2014Jul/0043.html
> Jul 22:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2014Jul/0017.html
> Jul 8:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2014Jul/0002.html
>  
> 3. Review of action items and issues
> https://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/
>  
> 4. EME status and bugs
>  
> a) Encrypted Media Extensions editor's draft
> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-media/raw-file/tip/encrypted-media/encrypted-media.html
> Last updated on July 28.
>  
> b) Encrypted Media Extensions bugs:
> http://tinyurl.com/7tfambo
> Status as of Aug 11: 21 bugs
> Status as of Jul 27: 21 bugs
> Status as of Jul 21: 22 bugs
> Status as of Jul 5: 22 bugs
> Status as of Jun 23: 27 bugs
>  
> 5.  New EME bugs since the last meeting
> None.
>  
> 6. EME bugs with proposal
>  
> a) Bug 25866 - "needkey" event name is misleading
> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=25866
> Status:  See proposal in:
> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=25866#c4
>  
> b) Bug 18515 - Provide more details on behavior of the media element when the key for an encrypted block is not available
> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18515
> Status: At the meeting on Jul 22, Jerry supposed that we still had to worry about race conditions.  See:
> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18515#c31
> See comments since last meeting:
> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18515#c40
>  
> c) Bug 20336 - Revert addition of keySystem attribute to HTMLSourceElement
> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=20336
> Status: See Davidís plan in:
> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=20336#c8
> Related to:
> Bug 23828 - HTMLSourceElement with |keySystem| attribute should create MediaKeys object for |keySystem|
> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=23828#c4
>  
> 7. EME bugs missed or skipped at the last meeting
>  
> a) Bug 26372 - Revisit the need for EME-specific DOMException names and the "error" attribute and event
> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=26372
> Status: Skipped on Jul 22 due to Davidís absence.
>  
> 8. EME bugs awaiting input from Task Force or actions
>  
> a) Bug 25268 - Reduce the burden on applications to deduplicate initData from many needkey events
> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=25268
> See also discussions thread:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2014Jun/0053.html
> See Davidís change and request for more input:
> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=25268#c6
>  
> b) [Bug 26332] Applications should only use EME APIs on secure origins (e.g. HTTPS)
> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=26332
> Status: At the Jul 22 meeting we agreed that recommending that HTTPS SHOULD be used was a possible consensus position.  Jerry offered to add a comment to the bug.
>  
> c) [Bug 26401] Key message destinationURL usage is not reflected in examples
> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=26401
> Status: At the Jul 22 meeting Joe offered to update this bug.
>  
> d) Bug 26207 - Provide a way to check system capabilities required for UHD playback
> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=26207
> Opened from the end of the following bug:
> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24873#c15
> Status: At the Jul 22 meeting Jerry offered to provide more data.
>  
> 9.  Do we need LoadSession?
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2014Jul/0018.html
> Status:  See Joeís response and request for more feedback on Aug 5:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2014Aug/0004.html
>  
> 10. EME Use cases Wiki
> https://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/Media_Task_Force/EME_Use_Cases
> Status: From the Jul 22 meeting:
> - joesteele: the Key Release section will change still
> - paulc: maybe send an email making the connection between the bugs and the use cases to draw interest from the group
>  
> 11. Other EME bugs
> http://tinyurl.com/7tfambo
>  
> 12. Any other business
>  
> 13. Chair and Scribe for next meeting
> The Media TF will discuss MSE status and bugs along with EME items at the next meeting on Aug 19.
>  
> 14. Adjournment
>  
> == Dial-in and IRC Details ==
>  
> Zakim teleconference bridge:
>    +1.617.761.6200, conference 63342 ("media")
> https://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar#s_5366
>  
> Supplementary IRC chat (logged):
>    #html-media on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80 Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
> 17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
> Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329
>  
> Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
> 17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
> Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329



Received on Tuesday, 4 November 2014 16:11:25 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:33:05 UTC