RE: [EME] Uint8Array parameters may be modified while scheduled task is pending

I think it is reasonable to take the same approach.

From: David Dorwin [mailto:ddorwin@google.com]
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2014 2:17 PM
To: public-html-media@w3.org
Subject: [EME] Uint8Array parameters may be modified while scheduled task is pending

MediaKeys.createSession() and MediaKeySession.update() both accept Uint8Arrays. Since these methods schedule a task, it's possible that JavaScript can modify the contents of those arrays before the task is run.

For example:
array[0]=0;
mediaKeys.createSession("video/webm", array);
array[0]=9;
// Scheduled task will run later and see 9 in the first element.

I believe there is a similar issue with MSE, and it was decided that such behavior is undefined. Does anyone object to the behavior also being undefined for EME? Do we need to explicitly document this anywhere?

David