Re: [MSE] MPEG audio byte stream format spec.

Hi Jerry,

I agree with your points here. I was not overly excited about the
"segments" mode behavior myself, but I wasn't sure how sensitive people
would be to changes in the algorithms if they never intended to support
MP3. Since we're likely going to have to go back to LC anyways, I'm
definitely open to making changes so that this has more consistent behavior
and is actually included in the MSE spec. Based on your comments, here is
what I propose.

1. Creating some sort of "byte stream has timestamps flag" that byte stream
format specs explicitly specify as being true or false. MP4, MP2TS, and
WebM would all specify this at true and things like raw MP3 and ADTS would
specify false.
2. When "byte stream has timestamps flag" is false, SourceBuffer.mode will
default to "sequence". Otherwise it will default to "segments" like it does
today.
3. When "byte stream has timestamps flag" is false, setting
SourceBuffer.mode to anything other than "sequence" will throw an
InvalidAccessError like we do for other types of invalid input.
4. When "byte stream has timestamps flag" is false, steps 1.1 & 1.2 of
the coded
frame processing
algorithm<https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-media/raw-file/default/media-source/media-source.html#sourcebuffer-coded-frame-processing>
will
specify the presentation timestamp and decode timestamp to be 0.
5. Add a step 1.23 that sets timestampOffset to frame end timestamp