W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-media@w3.org > September 2013

{minutes} HTML WG media telecon 2013-09-03 - EME status and bug discussion

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 15:34:31 +0000
To: "public-html-media@w3.org" <public-html-media@w3.org>
Message-ID: <2d06dde22ea44dcfb29932e9773b3497@BLUPR03MB246.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
Minutes are at http://www.w3.org/2013/09/03-html-media-minutes.html and are included below.

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329


[W3C]<http://www.w3.org/>

- DRAFT -
HTML Media Task Force Teleconference
03 Sep 2013

Agenda<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2013Sep/0001.html>

See also: IRC log<http://www.w3.org/2013/09/03-html-media-irc>

Attendees
Present
Regrets
Chair
SV_MEETING_CHAIR
Scribe
paulc
Contents

  *   Topics<http://www.w3.org/2013/09/03-html-media-minutes.html#agenda>
     *   HTML WG F2F meeting, Nov 14-15, Shenzen, China<http://www.w3.org/2013/09/03-html-media-minutes.html#item01>
     *   Review of action items and issues<http://www.w3.org/2013/09/03-html-media-minutes.html#item02>
     *   EME Heartbeat publication<http://www.w3.org/2013/09/03-html-media-minutes.html#item03>
     *   Encrypted Media Extensions editor's draft<http://www.w3.org/2013/09/03-html-media-minutes.html#item04>
     *   Encrypted Media Extensions bugs<http://www.w3.org/2013/09/03-html-media-minutes.html#item05>
     *   Chair and Scribe for next meeting<http://www.w3.org/2013/09/03-html-media-minutes.html#item06>
     *   Adjournment<http://www.w3.org/2013/09/03-html-media-minutes.html#item07>
  *   Summary of Action Items<http://www.w3.org/2013/09/03-html-media-minutes.html#ActionSummary>

________________________________

<trackbot> Date: 03 September 2013

<glenn> zakim's audio seems goofy today

ok

<glenn> yes, can hear you

<niels_thorwirth> 858.357... is Niels Thorwirth (Verimatrix)
HTML WG F2F meeting, Nov 14-15, Shenzen, China

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jul/0073.html

Media TF will meet on Thu of the Thu and Fri F2F meeting.

Here is the F2F wiki: http://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/wg/2013-11-Agenda

Registration for TPAC week and F2F meeting: https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2013/

Current registrants for WG F2F: https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2013/registrants#HTML

<BobLund> I do not plan on attending

Who else is going to F2F?

David is now planning on registering.

Plan would be to process MSE LC bugs (if any) and EME bugs.

Jerry is TBD for F2F.,

<ReimundoGarcia> TBD

Reimundo is TBD

Probabaly will not be a teleconference facility.
Review of action items and issues

Open action items: https://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/open

ACTION-25?

<trackbot> ACTION-25 -- David Dorwin to And John S to work on corner cases for bug 17673 -- due 2013-08-13 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/25

Current status: David identified the issues. See Aug 20 discussions: https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17673#c22

<ddorwin> from last week's minutes: "joesteele: not ready on bug#17673 yet (action-25) -- apologies"

Summary: Paul to update ACTION-25 with Aug 27 promise from Joe to check this out.

ACTION-31?

<trackbot> ACTION-31 -- David Dorwin to Propose text to resolve bug 18515 -- due 2013-09-10 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/31

Summary: Still pending.

ACTION-35?

<trackbot> ACTION-35 -- Paul Cotton to Inform privacy ig who we spoke to in feb about bug 22910 -- due 2013-08-20 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/35

Summary: Still pending. Paul was waiting for EME heartbeat to use as a pointer.

ACTION-38?

<trackbot> ACTION-38 -- Adrian Bateman to Implement bug 21854 -- due 2013-08-27 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/38

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=21854

Summary: Assigned to Adrian and still pending.
EME Heartbeat publication

Summary: Adrian was going to produce candidate WD for WG CfC.

Paul to followup with Adrian to check on the status of the heartbeat and to start a CfC ASAP.
Encrypted Media Extensions editor's draft

Summary: Last updated on Aug 27 and no change since.
Encrypted Media Extensions bugs

Bugzilla bugs: http://tinyurl.com/7tfambo

19 bugs

Little or no progress since Aug 27.

No items brought forward for discussion and no new email on EME topics in last week.
Chair and Scribe for next meeting

EME will meet again on Sep 10 and lets make more progress on bugs, action items and heartbeat.
Adjournment

Meeting adjourned at :31 after the hour.

Summary of Action Items
[End of minutes]
________________________________
Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> version 1.138 (CVS log<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/>)
$Date: 2013-09-03 15:32:23 $
________________________________




image001.png
(image/png attachment: image001.png)

Received on Tuesday, 3 September 2013 15:35:06 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:33:01 UTC