Re: A proposal on EME

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 9:43 AM, Mhyst <mhysterio@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, at a great extent, browser vendors are gathered here. Don't pretend
> this to be a separated matter.

I'm not pretending. The Media TF's position (and perhaps the WG as a whole
- though I'm not sure this question has been explicitly put to the WG) is
that it is a separate matter. You are effectively asking to change this
position. To do this, I am suggesting that you contact Browser vendors who
are implementing EME. If you can't persuade them to change this position,
then it is unlikely you will be able to convince the TF (or WG) to change.

> The question is: do you pursue content protection or user control? If the
> answer is "content protection" then let's create a "content protection"
> standard. So I think this is the right place to discuss about this.

The semantics of EME does not go into such details, which more properly
fall under the semantics of specific CDMs. From the perspective of EME,
such details are effectively out of scope.

EME is not a content protection specification.