Re: ACTION-40: Propose text for bug 17202 to propose how to share keys without leakage of information

On Thursday, November 14, 2013, Joe Steele wrote:

> I was making that change at the API level to raise its visibility. It
> could be exposed simply between the UA and the CDM, but it still needs to
> be documented in the specification. My fear was that if this was not an
> explicit part of the spec, browser vendors will not bother to include it.
>
> *However …  *David pointed out a simpler solution for the main use case I
> was concerned about where framing the video player is an option. I am
> willing to drop this. True sharing between different domains is probably an
> edge case not worth optimizing for.
>
> For those types of sites, persistent keys will not need to be shared
> across domains and live keys can be shared invisibly by the CDM without any
> privacy concerns.

I'm not sure I understand this lat part. Can you explain what you mean by
"live keys can be shared"? (Keys from one origin or multiple? How does the
CDM know to share them? Does this only apply to "domain-like" keys?)