Re: Formal Objection to Working Group Decision to publish Encrypted Media Extensions specification as a First Public Working Draft (FPWD)

On 05/31/2013 11:01 AM, Florian Bösch wrote:
> On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 4:56 PM, François REMY
> <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com <mailto:francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>>
> wrote:
>
>     Sorry, EME will be implemented and therefore should be standardized.
>     That's the only way you can help reduce the platform fragmentation.
>     Not standardizing it but still having many browsers supporting it
>     would be worse.
>

> I don't think even DRM opponents would take issue with standardizing it.
> But that's not what you're doing. You're merely formalizing the platform
> fragmentation and claim that's progress. That's delusionary.

Take a break.

Referring to something that somebody is doing as "delusionary" is not
acceptable here.

Furthermore, I will note that there is nothing more to be accomplished
by this discussion.  The chairs have duly recorded the Formal Objection
on the FPWD.  As the formal objection refers to the EFF Formal Objection
on the Charter, the chairs do not currently plan to take any action
until the latter objection is resolved.  We have discussed this plan
with the Interaction Domain Lead, and he has agreed with this course of
action.

- Sam Ruby