Re: [MSE] transport stream constraints vs Apple's HLS

Hi Gary,

A small question/comment regarding one of your statements:

Le 05/02/2013 17:49, Gary Hughes a écrit :
> [GH] While 13818-1 does not require any specific PES alignment other
> than at signaled discontinuities or random access points, many
> derivative specifications, such as those from SCTE, DVB, DLNA do
> require that AVC AUs be aligned with PES packets. Transport stream
> encoders that support cable or IPTV environments will have an option
> to produce PES aligned streams, one AU per PES at least for video.
DVB [1] only says that alignment *may* be used. And from what I've seen,
typical Digital Terrestrial TV streams, at least in France, do *not* use
the data alignment in PES packets for AVC streams. Requiring that MSE
MPEG-2 TS Segments use it would preclude being able to reuse these DTTV
streams as is.

[1]
http://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi_ts/101100_101199/101154/01.09.01_60/ts_101154v010901p.pdf

--