Re: {minutes} HTML WG media telecon 2013-08-06 - EME status and bug discussion

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 5:38 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer
<silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>wrote:

> IIUC the proposed alternative resolution is in
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0208.html .

I would be interested to know how a W3C specification could require an
implementer of an implementation detail of EME (i.e., a CDM) to register
it, or to put it another way, how could the W3C enforce such a requirement
even if it were written into the spec?

The only type of registry I see as practically implementable would be
strictly voluntary and have a primary purpose of collision avoidance among
key system names.