W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-media@w3.org > September 2012

{agenda} HTML WG media telecon 2012-09-25 - media source extension action and bugs

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 13:17:56 +0000
To: "public-html-media@w3.org" <public-html-media@w3.org>
CC: "Aaron Colwell <acolwell@google.com> (acolwell@google.com)" <acolwell@google.com>, Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>, John Simmons <johnsim@microsoft.com>, Mark Watson <watsonm@netflix.com>
Message-ID: <AB5704B0EEC35B4691114DC04366B37F16266847@TK5EX14MBXC290.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
The HTML WG media teleconference meeting will occur on 2012-09-25 for up to 60 minutes from 15:00Z to 16:00Z.

http://timeanddate.com/s/29qs

Tokyo midnight, Amsterdam/Oslo 17:00, London/Dublin 16:00, New Jersey/York 11:00, Kansas City 10:00, Seattle/San Francisco 08:00.

Chair of the meeting: Paul Cotton
Scribe: TBD

(See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)

== Agenda ==

1. Roll call, introductions and selection of scribe

2. Previous meeting minutes
http://www.w3.org/2012/08/28-html-media-minutes.html

3. Review of action items
https://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/
Note: None currently.

4. Baseline documents and Bugzilla information

a) Media Source Extensions editor's draft: 
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-media/raw-file/tip/media-source/media-source.html 
Status as of Sep 23:  Last updated in Sep 13.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2012Sep/0017.html

- Added a step to endOfStream() to queue & fire the sourceended event.
- Updated endOfStream("network") to change behavior based on HTMLMediaElement.readyState. 
Bug 18624 https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18624
- Updated endOfStream("decode") to change behavior based on HTMLMediaElement.readyState.
Bug 18622 https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18622
- Updated append() MEDIA_ERR_DECODE text to call endOfStream("decode").
Bug 18660 https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18660

b) Media Source Extension bugs: 
http://tinyurl.com/6pdnzej
Status as of Sep 23: 27 bugs 

5. Actions from previous meeting

a) Bug 18400: Define and document timestamp heuristics
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18400
Status from last meeting:  Ball is back in Adrian's court.

b) Bug 17000: Define a capability detection mechanism
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17000
Status from last meeting: John S to do more research.

d) Bug 17002: Specify SourceID to AudioTrack.id & VideoTrack.id mappings
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17002 
Status from last meeting:
ACTION: acolwell file a bug on HTML5 spec that text tracks should have an id like audio and video tracks do 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/08/28-html-media-minutes.html#action01] 
ACTION: acolwell file a bug to specify how the ID per track is generated with the Media Source Extensions 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/08/28-html-media-minutes.html#action02]
See Aaron's message:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2012Sep/0025.html 

e) Bug 17006: <track> Setting track language & kind when the information is in a manifest
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17006 
See Aaron's questions in:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2012Sep/0024.html 
See answers from Bob Lund:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2012Sep/0027.html 

f) Bug 17094: Define segment formats for MPEG2-TS
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17094 
Status from last meeting: BobLund to send email to group about this item.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2012Sep/0013.html 
Reply from Aaron:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2012Sep/0021.html 

g) Bug 16998: Change sourceAppend() to take a URL and optional range parameters
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=16998
 [MSE] Summary of 'Appending URLs' thread 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2012Jul/0074.html
Status from last meeting: Aaron to split off new bugs.  DONE.

[Bug 18962] New: Allow appending with XHR
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18962 
[Bug 18963] New: Provide a mechanism for rate limiting appending
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18963

6.  Bugs for discussion

a) [Bug 18962] New: Allow appending with XHR
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18962 

b) [Bug 18963] New: Provide a mechanism for rate limiting appending
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18963

c) [Bug 18920] New: addSourceBuffer parameter type should be optional
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18920

d) [Bug 18709]  Add SourceBuffer.remove() method
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18709

e) [Bug 18601] Contradictory requirements for initialization segments
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18601 

7. Other new bugs

a) [Bug 18921] New: append(data) should accept any part of media segment
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18921

b) [Bug 18922] New: Add a parser free, codec agnostic example
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18922 

c) [Bug 18933] New: Segment byte boundaries are not defined
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18933 

8. Other Business

9. Chair and Scribe for next meeting

11. Adjournment

== Dial-in and IRC Details ==

Zakim teleconference bridge:
   +1.617.761.6200, conference 63342 ("media")
https://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar#s_5366

Supplementary IRC chat (logged):
   #html-media on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80












Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329
Received on Sunday, 23 September 2012 13:18:26 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Sunday, 23 September 2012 13:18:27 GMT