W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-media@w3.org > August 2012

{agenda} HTML WG media telecon 2012-08-28 - media source extension bugs

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 17:56:29 +0000
To: "public-html-media@w3.org" <public-html-media@w3.org>
Message-ID: <AB5704B0EEC35B4691114DC04366B37F16238D47@TK5EX14MBXC290.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
The HTML WG media teleconference meeting will occur on 2012-08-28 for up to 60 minutes from 15:00Z to 16:00Z.

http://timeanddate.com/s/29fw

Tokyo midnight, Amsterdam/Oslo 17:00, London/Dublin 16:00, New Jersey/York 11:00, Kansas City 10:00, Seattle/San Francisco 08:00.

Chair of the meeting: Paul Cotton
Scribe: TBD

(See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)

== Agenda ==

1. Roll call, introductions and selection of scribe

2. Previous meeting minutes
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2012Aug/0009.html

3. Review of action items
https://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/
Note: None currently.

4. Baseline documents and Bugzilla information

a) Media Source Extensions editor's draft: 
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-media/raw-file/tip/media-source/media-source.html 

b) Media Source Extension bugs: 
http://tinyurl.com/6pdnzej 

5. Updates since the previous meeting

a) Aug 17 update:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2012Aug/0033.html

i) Fix readyState links 
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18603

ii) Change MUST and MAY to must and may 
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18600

iii) Fixed "here" links 
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18569 

b) Aug 22 update:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2012Aug/0043.html

i) Clarified requirements for WebM byte streams
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18602 

ii) Clarified that SourceBuffer.buffered should return a new object every time. 
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18593 

iii) Clarified addsourcebuffer and removesourcebuffer event targets.
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18591 

iv) Clarified where in the resource fetch algorithm the media source attaching occurs.
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18588 

v) Bug 18576 
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18576 
- Clarified text for duration updates triggered by appending past the end.
- Removed section 2.12 since it was non-normative.
- Created a new normative duration change algorithm. (Section 3.3.6)
- Updated append(), endOfStream(), & duration setter algorithms to use the new duration change algorithm.

c) Aug 24 update
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2012Aug/0047.html

i) Bug 18576 
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18576 
- Added a step to the beginning of the duration change algorithm to abort if
  the new duration is the same as the existing duration.

ii) Bug 18579 
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18579 
- Created MediaSource object URL definition.
- Added URL Object section with IDL & createObjectURL() algorithm.

iii) Bug 18550 
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18550 
- Added Track ID and Track description definitions & updated text to reference these definitions.

iv) Bug 18573 
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18573 
- Reworded start overlap text for audio frames & included crosslapping as an option.

v) Bug 18655 
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18655 
- Removed rendering of silence requirement from Section 2.5.

6. Actions from previous meeting

a) Bug 18400: Define and document timestamp heuristics
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18400
Status from last meeting: 
> INFORMAL ACTION: markw to reply to Aaron's response to bug 18400 comment 4 by next meeting

b) Bug 17000: Define a capability detection mechanism
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17000
Status from last meeting: 
> INFORMAL ACTION: adrianba and Johnsim to look at bug 17000 before next meeting.

d) Bug 17002: Specify SourceID to AudioTrack.id & VideoTrack.id mappings
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17002 
Status from last meeting:
> Aaron posted a message - followup?

e) Bug 17006: <track> Setting track language & kind when the information is in a manifest
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17006 
Status from last meeting: 
> INFORMAL ACTION: acolwell to start a thread on bug 17006

f) Bug 17094: Define segment formats for MPEG2-TS
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17094 
Status from last meeting:
> BobLund: I'll volunteer to champion this.
> paulc: Perhaps do a PRO/CON list on the list for taking action on this
> BobLund: Will do and will close the loop with Duncan on this.

g) Bug 16998: Change sourceAppend() to take a URL and optional range parameters
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=16998
 [MSE] Summary of 'Appending URLs' thread 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2012Jul/0074.html
Status from last meeting:
> acolwell: No, I haven't split the bug.

7. New bugs since the previous meeting
http://tinyurl.com/6pdnzej
Status: 23 bugs outstanding

8. Other Business

9. Chair and Scribe for next meeting

10. Adjournment

== Dial-in and IRC Details ==

Zakim teleconference bridge:
   +1.617.761.6200, conference 63342 ("media")
https://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar#s_5366

Supplementary IRC chat (logged):
   #html-media on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80
Received on Monday, 27 August 2012 17:57:04 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 27 August 2012 17:57:05 GMT