Re: W3C HTML Email Workshop -- Internet Mail Architecture

From: Dave Crocker <dhc2@dcrocker.net>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 22:01:13 -0700
To: public-html-mail@w3.org

Folks,

Paul Ney wrote:
> Newsletters (NWSL) are very important --

Given the group's very narrow focus on a particular type of email content, I
had thought that a more broad, "system" discussion would not be all that
relevant.

However the reference to newsletters prompts me to think that more general
issues of human-to-human, and human-to-group "discussion" might be useful to
add to the mix.

So for whatever it might be worth, I'll point to an internet-draft that has
been in development for a couple of years and is about to be submitted for
IETF standardization:

      Internet Mail Architecture

Various formats are available at:

      <http://bbiw.net/recent.html#emailarch>

Chris Newman will be at the meeting and is familiar with the draft.

d/
--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking