Re: XHTML Integration Sets

Alexey Feldgendler wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 23:04:34 +0100, Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com> wrote:
>
>> 3. HTML in email is much more used than text email by direct marketing but it's hard, very hard to edit/composer
>>
> I don't mind if spammers' life is hard.

Nor do I.  But Daniel wasn't talking about spammers, he was talking
about legitimate direct marketers.

I get thousands of spams a day, which I use a variety of techniques
(greylisting, SpamAssassin, Thunderbird's junk filtering feature, etc.)
to combat.

And most of the time, I ask the companies with whom I do business not to
send me email (nor postal mail) unless it is directly related to
specific transactions with them (i.e. don't send me ads, but do send me
order confirmation, shipping notification, etc.).

Nevertheless, I do permit companies to email me marketing materials in a
select few cases.  And I'm not alone.  There is a significant market for
this kind of legitimate opt-in mail, with reputable companies like
MailChimp <http://www.mailchimp.com/> helping companies do it right.

So while I agree that there's no reason to help spammers out, there is
good reason to make things better for legitimate marketers: because it
makes things better for the people who receive their messages.

-myk