Re: Korean-specific CSS issues to be discussed

From: Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu <kennyluck@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 09:26:52 +0900
To: 이원석 <wslee@etri.re.kr>
CC: HTML Korean Interest Group <public-html-ig-ko@w3.org>
Hello Wonsuk,

Thank for your prompt response.
> If you have additional issues related with Korean-specific features, please let us know.
> It's more than welcome.
The issues I brought up are, frankly, not very significant so it is more
than welcome if you can discovery new issues from the specs I mentioned
(CSS 3 Text and CSS 3 Lists). Notice that the editors of these specs
(including CSS 3 speech) are also participating in the EPUB work. I
noticed that you listed e-book as a topic in this group so maybe people
who are interested in e-books may want take a closer look at these specs.

I would like to mention the Input Method Editor API[2], proposed by
Google Japan, as another proposal that have some Korean features (not
quite, it is related to IME and all CJK people use IME heavily). It
would be more interesting to those who are not interested in typography
and CSS :) .

p.s. I forgot to mention that I am a moderator of the
public-html-ig-zh[2] mailing list

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/2010JulSep/thread#msg94
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-ig-zh/

Cheers,
Kenny
W3C, Member of Internationalization Working Group, Moderator of
public-html-ig-zh