Re: Ruby in HTML5

Hello, I'm a newbee to the W3C lists, including this mailing-list...
with big surprising.

...NOBODY?! nobody requested? I also think the complex ruby is not major
needs than simple one, but I believe that not means "historical" or "no
need to support". I can't believe nobody requested that...

For now, I request that. The one of modern possible use is the
translation work. For example:

Ruby Text Above - Hiragana(Furigana)
Ruby Base - Kanji
Ruby Text Below - the words in original language

This style, than just extends the rubys inline, can improve more
readability. Because:

1) Experts can just ignore rubys. They would not be bothered with two
pairs of parenthesesed annotation that are not in-line but besides.

2) Others can read just only one side of the rubys. For example,
some readers have some knowledges of English but not technical words in
Japanese. Sometimes (but not often, of course) the same kanji-s/jukugo
are used to translate several different words, and vice versa.

Another example, readers have the knowledge of kanji so that they can
estimate the reading of the technical words they don't know. But they
don't have the knowledge enough in English. They don't have to read
furigana, but want to make sure what the original English word is.

In other words, the complex ruby can make the single document for
both experts and several types of beginners. I believe the word
"accessibility" includes this kind of improvement.

Thanks,
--
Suzumizaki-Kimitaka <szmml@h12u.com>