Re: Question about Microdata to RDF Note and lang attribute

From: KANZAKI Masahide <mkanzaki@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 17:52:34 +0900
To: Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net>
Cc: "public-html-data-tf@w3.org" <public-html-data-tf@w3.org>, "public-vocabs@w3.org" <public-vocabs@w3.org>
Gregg, thanks for the quick response.

2012/9/11 Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net>:
> The HTML IDL attribute for .lang includes the @lang context of the element,
> including its ancestors. From [2]:
>
> [[[
> To determine the language of a node, user agents must look at the nearest
> ancestor element (including the element itself if the node is an element)
> that has a lang attribute in the XML namespace set or is an HTML element and
> has a lang in no namespace attribute set. That attribute specifies the
> language of the node (regardless of its value).
> ]]]

I wonder "the language of a node" is different from IDL attribute,
which is separately described at the end of section 3.2.3.3 as

[[
The lang IDL attribute must reflect the lang content attribute in no namespace.
]]

AFAIK, all modern browsers return "" for the DOM lang value of <cite>
and <span> elements in microdata to RDF example. Isn't this "the lang
IDL attribute of the property element" ?

cheers,

--
@prefix : <http://www.kanzaki.com/ns/sig#> . <> :from [:name
"KANZAKI Masahide"; :nick "masaka"; :email "mkanzaki@gmail.com"].