Re: Microdata itemid and src / href

Thanks Jeni that was very helpful, and if the work of this group could somehow show that in a simple way, so others new to Microdata and/or RDF would have an easier time learning that, it would be great.

Want to respond to a couple things from your reply

There really isn't any relationship between the itemid and contentURL, I was just using that as an example of a property from a Microdata vocabulary that required a URL (well Schema.org say it is of type URL), to show that a property requiring a URL could accidentally be the same URL that is used as an "itemid" in the same document.

>> Does the above help? Would you like to add your example to the wiki, perhaps at [2]?

Yes, your explanation is perfect and I will add the example to the wiki.

>>It would also be great to hear about how you're using microdata, and particularly why you're looking at the RDF that's extracted from it.

I am making samples for the IPTC website, actually an XSL that makes examples out of NewsML and running that on various NewsML documents. I am looking at the RDF to make sure the Microdata is done correctly and that useful things can be extracted. Nothing earth shattering, but running through lots of various content turns up interesting cases and got me posting here a little.

thanks again

Jayson Lorenzen
Senior Software Engineer
B  U  S  I  N  E  S  S       W  I  R  E