Re: Multiple itemtypes in microdata

From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 05:54:41 +0100
Cc: public-html-data-tf@w3.org
To: Paolo Ciccarese <paolo.ciccarese@gmail.com>, Bradley Allen <bradley.p.allen@gmail.com>
Paolo, Brad,

You've both put forward some interesting use cases for HTML data. I wonder if I could get you to write them up for the wiki [1] so that we capture them? If you don't have write access, let me know and we can either get you a login or I can paste in some text for you.

FWIW, Hixie has indicated that for a use case to be persuasive in terms of changing the way microdata works, you need to have:

  * pointers to pages that demonstrate the markup in use
  * pointers to tools that are consuming the data from those pages

More speculative ("if we build it they will come!") use cases that don't meet those criteria are still definitely of interest to this group, however, particularly with a description of your motivation for using HTML data and examples of markup.

Thanks,

Jeni

[1] http://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML_Data_Use_Cases
--