Re: Multiple itemtypes in microdata

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 19:15:15 +0300
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: public-html-data-tf@w3.org
On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 1:30 AM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Oct 2011, Jeni Tennison wrote:
>> One of the assumptions we're making within the HTML Data TF is that
>> publishers will need to publish in multiple formats (rather than
>> consumers understanding multiple formats)
>
> That sounds like a horrible authoring experience. :-)

Yes, but see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-data-tf/2011Oct/0024.html

I don't expect multivocabulary publishing to persist for a given topic
once one vocabulary for the topic has established itself as the de
facto supported vocabulary for that topic.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi