Re: Multiple types from different vocabularies (ACTION-7)

From: Sandhaus, Evan <sandhes@nytimes.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 09:42:16 -0400
To: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
CC: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>, Martin Hepp <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org>, "Edward O'Connor" <eoconnor@apple.com>, Philip Jägenstedt <philip@foolip.org>, "public-html-data-tf@w3.org" <public-html-data-tf@w3.org>
Jeni,

Thanks for reaching out on this issue.

At this point The IPTC is recommending that those implementing the rNews data model in HTML5 Microdata use the equivalent classes a properties defined by schema.org.  I would personally like to see the addition of multiple types in Microdata so long as the rules for resolving collisions in multiple inheritance are clearly defined.  Although I don't think the IPTC will recommend that implementors of rNews use this feature, the added flexibility seems desirable.

All the best,

Evan
--
Evan Sandhaus