Re: Data blocks, not marked up content

From: Thomas Steiner <tomac@google.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 13:54:03 +0200
To: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Cc: Lin Clark <lin.w.clark@gmail.com>, Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>, Gavin Carothers <gavin@topquadrant.com>, public-html-data-tf <public-html-data-tf@w3.org>
> And to be clear: I did not advocate this. I am just saying that this is certainly an approach.
Sure thing. I think it came from the fact that some CMS-es don't grant
users enough edit rights, so adding invisible blocks was seen as an
ugly, but valid hack to get the structured data out there. I _think_
Martin Hepp coined the idea, but I am entirely unsure.

Tom

--
Thomas Steiner, Research Scientist, Google Inc.