Structured HTML Values

From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 23:03:16 +0000
Cc: Jayson Lorenzen <Jayson.Lorenzen@businesswire.com>, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
To: HTML Data Task Force WG <public-html-data-tf@w3.org>
Hi,

I tried to pull together the examples that we have of people trying to use structured HTML for microdata properties at

  http://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML_Data_Improvements#Structured_Values

which includes an example from the schema.org documentation and the examples that Jayson found.

Although this demonstrates that publishers don't grok that the structures won't be preserved, it doesn't demonstrate the *use* of structured data values.

Does anyone know of any data *consumers* who are using structured values. I'd have thought that hatom consumers might, or anything pulling together reviews from multiple sites.

Without evidence of consumption, I'm reluctant to raise this as a bug on microdata.

Jeni
--
Jeni Tennison
http://www.jenitennison.com