Re: http://www.w3.org/ns/md

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 11:41:18 +0100
Cc: Gregg Kellogg <gregg@kellogg-assoc.com>, HTML Data Task Force WG <public-html-data-tf@w3.org>
To: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Hi Jeni,

On Nov 18, 2011, at 10:37 , Jeni Tennison wrote:

> Ivan,
>
> For the microdata-to-RDF mapping, we've been bandying around the namespace http://www.w3.org/ns/md as if we can use it. Is it going to be possible to have a page there?

Yes.

> Is there any server-side stuff in place so that we could have content negotiation (to return an RDFS schema / OWL ontology / JSON registry, for example) or other scripting (eg to make http://www.w3.org/ns/md?type=http://microformats.org/profile/hcard?prop=n return a suitable page)?

The 'server-side stuff' is called Ivan Herman (you should keep away from that guy, though:-).

More seriously: when I publish sw stuff there, I do it as follows:

- create an XX.var file 'branching' to specific content types with priorities. I typically have text/html, application/rdf+xml (with a qs value of 0.4) and text/turtle (with qs 0.5)
- create an XX.html file in RDFa+HTML
- automatically generate (off-line, to avoid server load) the turtle and rdf/xml files from those

The result is a content negotiation on the www.w3.org/ns/XX URI.

Adding JSON is fine, though it would probably not be done automatically (my distiller, that I use locally, does not have a JSON mapping option from RDFa...). But, of course, manually is also fine.

On the other hand... there is no other machinery in place. Ie, adding some scripting type stuff become much more complicated...

Ivan

> Thanks,
>
> Jeni
> --