Re: Guidance for Publishers

From: Thomas Steiner <tomac@google.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 21:29:28 +0100
To: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Cc: HTML Data Task Force WG <public-html-data-tf@w3.org>
Hi Jeni, all,

Two remarks inline.

>  RDFa and microformats support the markup of the same content within a page
[…]
>  if you have used microformats or RDFa.
You alternate the order of RDFa and microformats in this paragraph. Is
this on diplomatic purpose? Might be a really minor thing, but people
might also read something into the changed order (like "extending your
existing markup for these other vocabularies" might be even easier if
you have used microformats rather than if you have used RDFa).

> I'm a bit ambivalent about this statement, because making choices based on requirements that you haven't got yet is a bit of an anti-pattern.
I would drop the statement for exactly the future requirements "anti-pattern".

Best,
Tom

--
Thomas Steiner, Research Scientist, Google Inc.