Re: Draft Note for HTML WG

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 14:25:11 +0100
To: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Cc: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>, HTML Data Task Force WG <public-html-data-tf@w3.org>
On 14 November 2011 13:23, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:
>>  ... while also collecting mappings to the other widely used RDF vocabs. If RDFa parsers did
>> something useful with such mappings, that might help move things along too...
>
> I am not sure what you mean. What would you think an RDFa parser may do?

I was thinking of the mechanism we discussed the other day. For
example, if http://schema.org/Person has an annotation saying
'equivalentClass foaf:Person', then a post-processing option in a
parsing tool could allow that annotation to be used to expand out some
extra triples in the results. That said, I'm wary of something that
could put unpredictable load on vocab publisher's servers...

Dan