Re: @itemid and URL properties in schema.org

From: Peter Mika <pmika@yahoo-inc.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2011 19:29:57 +0100
To: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
CC: "public-vocabs@w3.org" <public-vocabs@w3.org>, HTML Data Task Force WG <public-html-data-tf@w3.org>, Gregg Kellogg <gregg@kellogg-assoc.com>
Hi Jeni,

> This is part of the point of my posting about this :) We have a problem here, in that the mapping of properties typed URL to literal values in the schema.org OWL ontology clashes with the assumption in the microdata-to-RDF mapping that we've been developing [1], which assumes that any @href, @src etc provides the identifier of a resource, giving the property an object value rather than a literal value.
Thanks, I haven't seen this mapping yet. I'm happy to change the
generated OWL file to bring it in line with this mapping.

One technical point: this new mapping seems to consistently talk about
URI references, while the microdata spec talks about URLs. Further, if I
say in the OWL ontology that 'url', 'image' etc. are object-properties,
then the value can be any URI. However, the intent is to restrict the
publisher to providing URLs. Am I nitpicking?

Thanks,
Peter