Separate Graphs in RDF generated from microdata?

From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 09:04:04 +0000
Cc: Gregg Kellogg <gregg@kellogg-assoc.com>
To: HTML Data Task Force WG <public-html-data-tf@w3.org>
Hi,

From what I can tell from the straw poll and other discussions, we would much prefer to have a single default mapping than have a registry or processor-defined behaviour for particular vocabularies. The trouble is that default mappings are either ugly and unhelpful or lose information about ordering and distinctions between short name and URI properties.

What if the mapping generated two graphs: one that contained the data under a default mapping that works for most existing vocabularies and another that keeps value ordering and property naming distinctions? Then processor users can decide which graph to pay attention to.

Jeni
--
Jeni Tennison
http://www.jenitennison.com