Re: Wrapping Up

Jeni,

I am just wondering. Do you think it is possible to give some more 'weight' to the two publications that the TF has produced? I know this cannot be before the end of the year, but the 'charter' of a task force is not such a rigid timing as that of a working group. The TF is under the SWIG, ie, it is perfectly o.k. to publish an IG Note for both documents (microdata->RDF and the one you produced). What it would require is to publish a working draft first to give a larger community a possibility to comment (that just means getting the two editor's draft through the publishing process, I can help in that), and then close the work by publishing an IG Note with possible comments included. I believe both can be done in January.

As for the two issues you raise below: very formally, a microdata->RDF Recommendation cannot be published until the microdata itself, ie, the HTML5 document, is not a recommendation. After all, things may change until then. One more reason to give to the current document a more 'official' standing.

As for the the wiki, that should not be a problem.

And... Thanks. I could write long lines of thanks but I do not think it is necessary. Just a huge thanks to you, and we may set the rest when we meet personally somewhere...

Cheers

Ivan

On Dec 21, 2011, at 10:08 , Jeni Tennison wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are now reaching the end of the period of the HTML Data TF. I want to thank you all for your contributions, and to ask for opinions on whether there are any recommendations we should pass on to the W3C/TAG/HTMLWG/RDFaWG.
>
> Things I can think of are:
>
> * the W3C should find a WG willing to see the microdata/RDF mapping spec through to Recommendation
> * the W3C should continue to support the HTML Data Wiki to capture ongoing developments in the area
>
> Are there any other actions that you think we should be recommending?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jeni
> --
> Jeni Tennison