[HTML5 CR 2012-12-17] Element command

From: Dr. Olaf Hoffmann <Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 16:29:31 +0100
To: public-html-comments@w3.org
Hello,

I tried to understand the functionality of the element command and how to
use it.

It is noted
'The command element represents a command that the user can invoke.'

But as far as I can see, it specifies no declarative method to identify the
recipient of the command or how to specify the content or purpose of
the command and how to invoke it declaratively (HTML5 currently seems
not to have interactive declarative animations as for example SVG has,
therefore not obvious, how to invoke any activity here at all).

There is only an example with event handlers for scripts, but no
declarative example how to use this for relevant content.
Can anyone provide a meaningful declarative example,
respectively how to provide an accessible alternative for
a scripted use of such an empty element?

Best wishes

Olaf