From: <ChihJenWu@itri.org.tw>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 18:40:31 +0800
To: <public-html-comments@w3.org>
Dear guys of W3C:

Excuse me. I don't know the question which someone have raised.
After I search the current SPEC. of HTML. there is no type as number in INPUT tag. I found that INPUT tag has properties like "text", "submit", "time" ....and so on. But has someone ever consider that use "number" as a type of INPUT tag.
This is because I made a mobile page recently, and found that if we have a form for users who need to fulfill it on mobile devices. Unfortunately, the soft-keyboard can not automatically switch number or alpha between different INPUT tag, when the INPUT tag we arranged on mobile web page. For example, we want user type name (alpha), phone number(pure number) and ....etc.
But the soft-keyboard can not pop up an adaptive keyboard according to type of INPUT tag is "text" or "number".
About this issue, has the w3c ever consider add "number" type into properties of INPUT tag??
Thanks for your answer

Chih-Jen Wu
Front-end Engr/ITRI

This email may contain confidential information. Please do not use or disclose it in any way and delete it if you are not the intended recipient.