HTML5 Spec Section 2.2.2 and the DOM Parsing and Serialization Spec

From: T.J. Crowder <tj@crowdersoftware.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 18:12:04 +0100
To: public-html-comments <public-html-comments@w3.org>
Hi,

In Section 2.2.2, the spec says:

In addition, user agents must implement the features defined in the DOM
> Parsing and Serialization specification, HTML Editing APIs, and UndoManager
> and DOM Transaction specifications that apply to their conformance class.

Below which it says:

The following features are defined in the DOM Parsing and Serialization
> specification: [DOMPARSING]
> * innerHTML
> * outerHTML

I looked at the conformance class stuff, in particular the "Web browsers
and other interactive user agents" bit, and it wasn't clear to me that they
are required to implement [DOMPARSING]. I assume they are, but it wasn't
clear to me from the spec.

Am I correct that they are? If so, could we clarify that in the spec?

Thanks,
--
T.J. Crowder
tj / crowder software / com