Re: HTML5 Paragraphs, Sentences and Phrases

All,

No special point to make other than to say that a sentence tag just makes
obvious sense to me. I could present paragraphs as styled divs. I don't,
because we have a tag that more clearly identifies the text therein as a
paragraph.

So I support adding a sentence tag, provided it's a nice short tag (too bad
<s> was wasted on strikethrough), recognizing that a lot of people won't
use it and software that wants to interpret the structure of written text
will continue to have to infer sentences in the majority of texts. That
fact in no way diminishes the value of an author being able, when willing,
to clearly identify the sentences.
--
T.J. Crowder
tj@crowdersoftware.com