Feedback on http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html

From: <post@markus-falk.com>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 11:16:39 +0200
To: <public-html-comments@w3.org>
HTML5 appcache manifest

Problem:
Additional programming is required while listing all files for caching
which I would like to avoid. I would like to cache a larger number of
files which would create too much overhead to fill into the manifest
manually.

Solution:
Why not use regular expressions such as wildcards to specify what to
cache and what to put on the online whitelist?

Example:
CACHE MANIFEST

NETWORK:
piwik.js

CACHE:
/assets/* # <- this doesn't seem to work

thanks for considering.

Markus