Re: HTML 5

From: Jens O. Meiert <jens@meiert.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 20:08:12 -0700
To: mbtawes@comcast.net
Cc: public-html-comments@w3.org
> I have been using HTML for almost 6 years now, and I always have
> elements because they allow for easy-to-read code and simpler
> editing.
>
> I also think that the align, alink, vlink, link, text, background,
> bgcolor,hspace, border, vspace, type, valign, width, height,
> cellpadding and cellspacing attributes for their respective elements
> are very useful and should not be eliminated.

Not sure this point got much attention: the reason why it’s not
advisable to use any presentational markup is that it’s harder to
maintain (shameless: [1]).

How presentational markup is easier to read is not clear to me: using
more code typically does but one thing, making it harder to understand
the code, and if you want to understand how a document will look like,
the answer should be made by the style sheet.

[1] http://meiert.com/en/blog/20090617/maintainability-guide/#toc-markup

--
Jens O. Meiert
http://meiert.com/en/