Regarding HTML5 Audio and Video 'Ready State' attribute

From: <ext-bindu.sondur@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 21:54:12 +0000
To: <public-html-comments@w3.org>
To whom so it may concern,
I had a suggestion regarding the ' ready state'  attribute of HTML5 audio and video spec. The link to the concerned section is  http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/video.html#the-ready-states .
"4.8.9.7 The ready states" section of the spec addresses all of the ready states and the subsequent different events that are fired including loadedmetadata, loadeddata, waiting, canplay, playing.
But wont it  be good to have '1 single event' which captures the transition of states with in the 'ready state' attribute. Its clearly missing in the spec. Probably there is a good reason why we do not have a 'single event' which captures the transition of states with in the 'ready state' attribute. But I wanted to bring up this topic anyways.

Bindumadhav Sondur
Software Engineer
Nokia
Burlington,MA,USA