URL/URI Normalization

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 22:19:19 +0000
To: public-html-comments@w3.org, Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>

I'm currently trying to find any text in the HTML specifications which
give an indication on which steps of URL (/URI) normalization should, or
should not, be followed by implementations.

I threw together a quick test page at http://webr3.org/urinorm/html and
have found all browsers (which I've tested) do some of the URI
normalization steps, with only chrome and IE doing full normalization.

Any pointers or consideration to this would be greatly appreciated,
unsure if it's an "issue" or not for the specification(s).

Best,

Nathan