Re: Follow-up about PUT and DELETE in form methods

From: Mirko Gustony <mirko.gustony@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 15:23:42 +0100
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Cc: Cameron Heavon-Jones <cmhjones@gmail.com>, thibault <thibault@miximum.fr>, public-html-comments@w3.org
Hello,

excuse me but,

2011/12/13 Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>:
>> I think that is quite definitely Out Of Scope. If there needs to be
>> different content for the same format this should be a different URI.
>

> I disagree. If you need separate URIs to make this work, something is wrong.

from my reading of [1] (and several other sources on that) Cameron
seems to be right. Different content (not different representation)
means different document and therefor different URI.

I for one would welcome a solution for bringing RESTful webservices to
HTML forms without hacks or Javascript.

Regards,
Mirko

1: <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Representational_state_transfer>