Re: Role of this email group after October 1st

  On 9/30/10 4:06 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:
> On 09/30/2010 04:28 PM, Shelley Powers wrote:
>>
>> I won't join the group because you put
>> demands on me that you're not willing to put on other members.
>
> I disagree that we are putting demands on you that we are not willing
> to put on other members.  The Discussion Guidelines are an attempt to
> document the policies and apply them uniformly.  If those policies are
> incomplete, we will correct them.

I ask for consistency. I would expect the co-chairs and other W3C
personnel to respond consistently to all individuals. I would hope the
co-chairs would act consistently regarding any activity associated with
the HTML WG.

> Is the contrapositive of the above statement true?  I.e., if we only
> make demands on you that we are willing to put on other members then
> you would be willing to join the group?  I hope so, as that is my intent.

The last time I responded to your requests to rejoin the group, I was
sent an email that was not sent to any other member.

If you want to reconsider the demands in that email, and activate the
membership without those demands, then go ahead. Otherwise, no, I have
no intention of opening myself up to such an experience again. I would
expect my application to be treated exactly like every other request. No
more, no less.

This still does not answer the questions I asked in the original email.
I don't know how else to phrase my questions, though. I guess the W3C
procedures will just have to apply.

> - Sam Ruby

Shelley