Re: Advice for comment

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 16:39:39 +0100
Cc: public-html-comments@w3.org
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
On 17 Sep 2010, at 12:52, Sam Ruby wrote:

> On 09/17/2010 04:20 AM, Bijan Parsia wrote:
[snip]
> If you have suggestions about the web site, please open a bug on
> the "HTML WG website" using bugzilla: http://tinyurl.com/2ce2zyd

Done.

> Overall, I would feel more comfortable linking to content such as
> this if were edited collaboratively, and therefore not weren't
> written in first person.  I would suggest using the W3C Wiki:

If the W3C wants to solicit such things, great. But I don't see why
the web page can't link to helpful sources regardless of style. I,
myself, like first person accounts. They can be friendly. And
something here is definitely better than nothing.

But the specific content of the page is an orthogonal issue. The
front page is general public hostile. Bug filed. I've pointed to a
few links that I think people would fine helpful and improve their
experience of commenting. I also think that linking to third party,
out of house things is a good idea. YM evidently V.

> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/

Cheers,
Bijan.