Advice for comment

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 09:20:24 +0100
To: public-html-comments@w3.org
I'd just like to draw attention to some posts by Shelley providing
support for commenting on the specs:
	http://realtech.burningbird.net/reviewcomment-w3c-html5-specification
	http://realtech.burningbird.net/how-comment-and-when
	http://realtech.burningbird.net/reviewcomment-w3c-html5-specification/html5-document-structure

I think these are really good and helpful, esp. for people new to the
spec and the W3C. One thing I notice about the HTMLWG's home page:
	http://www.w3.org/html/wg/
is that it's *not* particularly friendly to such an audience (it's a
more typical working WG page; there's not even a list of links to
tutorials, or to these wikipedia pages:
	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML5
	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_layout_engines_(HTML5)
something akin to the latter will be invaluable).

Given the wide and diverse reviewers expected and desired for last
call, I think it would be very good to have a more friendly entry
point. I know there are other sources of friendliness, so I don't
think it necessarily requires a huge chunk of work on the WG's part.

Cheers,
Bijan.