ISSUE-92 The Table description

From: Shelley Powers <shelleyp@burningbird.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 11:30:47 -0500
To: public-html-comments@w3.org
  The Issue 92 survey closes today, and I note from the results[1] that
the primary pushback against my proposal was the summary attribute.

At the time I wrote the proposal, I also noted that I would adjust the
text based on the group's decision for Issue 32[2] on the summary
attribute. I fully expected that the summary attribute issue would have
been resolved before Issue 92, since Issue 92 is really dependent on
Issue 32. Issue 32 is also a much older issue, and the change proposals
were older than the Issue 92 change proposals. Unfortunately, the
resolution for Issue 32 didn't happen, which left Issue 92 in an awkward
state.

My offer does still stand: I am willing to edit the text of the section
if the decision is made to uphold the deprecation of summary attribute.
I hope this addresses any objection to my change proposal based purely
on my text for table summary.

Shelley

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-92-objection-poll/results
[2] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/32