Re: Question about HTML5 and how it is implemented worldwide

Derek,

TJ gave some nice references to read and learn about. Hope you figure out
who plays each role into technologies deployment.

As you can see, entities and organizations are not just simply
inventing/modifying things just because. There is a strong underlying need
for each change, and they made each change as needed, after discussing a lot
upon major points.

Browser vendors adoption is the point as I said before. It is a two way road
actually. Yes, because a browser vendor can implement their "own cool
features". This happened a lot, starting from Netscape. Thing is, one
browser vendor can create a cool feature, that doesn't exists in the
standards. Other browser vendors can make their similar solutions, thus web
developers can create sites with those features. As it is cool, stable and
adopted, this feature can be suggested to become part of specification. I
can't remember a good reference about history, but the case I just told can
be ilustrated with AJAX history.

This is why specs continue to evolve. And hope you understand why it can be
so difficult to make an "across the universe" thing. Because what is
launched now, can take a long time to be adopted for all browser vendors,
and even in this case, always there will be people using prior versions from
major browsers, and who uses IE6 or FF 2.5 for example, is limited to enjoy
sites created with new technologies.

Davis / T.J. –

Thank you for those answers ... For some reason, I was looking at it in a
really confusing way – way too broad of a spectrum.

If I am understanding right, you are simply modifying a ‘*document*’ per se
according to the standards which have been set down

(within the HTML framework) – then implementation depends on the specific
browser language.

Another quick question – who makes/made the ‘*standards*’?  And can they be
changed or updated?

I would assume so as computers are changing by the second it seems …

Thanks again.  And thank you for your efforts to make the web a more
fantastic place to roam.

--
Um abraηo, Perdigγo.