Re: maxlength for file inputs?

> A combination of some design problems and lack of compelling use cases.

UAs that don't support or enable JavaScript isn't a compelling use case?
This (limiting the size of uploads) comes up again and again in HTML
circles.

More so than maxlength="". :-)

Well, yes. :-) "If you spec it, they will (eventually) come." Corollary: If
you *don't* spec it, there's little chance. I'd say the odds of having UAs
support a simple maxlength sooner rather than later are a *lot* higher than
implementing an entirely new DOM interface. And again, the latter (though
very cool!) doesn't address UAs that don't support or enable JavaScript.