Re: Minimum requirements to class as valid HTML document.

From: Michael(tm) Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 19:03:35 +0900
To: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Cc: public-html-comments@w3.org
Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>, 2010-06-05 03:07 +0100:

> Is the following a valid HTML document?
>
> <!DOCTYPE html>
> <title>Example</title>
> <h1>Document</h1>

Yeah, it's valid if it's served as text/html (or intended to be
processed as text/html)

> In addition could somebody confirm if the only 'required' element of
> an HTML document is the <title>; as in is the following the absolute
> minimum needed to be classed as a valid HTML document:
>
> <!DOCTYPE html>
> <title>Tiny</title>

That's not the absolute minimum, because the contents of the
<title> element can be empty. But yeah that is valid -- again, as
long as it is served/intended as text/html

Note that this is just a personal response from me, not an
official response from the HTML WG.

  --Mike

--
Michael(tm) Smith